Here is a picture taken of me today. I am sitting in my favorite spot - on the Food Dude's legs while he is stretched out on the couch. Since I am a sixteen year old geezer cat, I thought I'd tell you what life is like for me everyday.
1. I am formerly feral and I used to go outside all the time. These days, I only go out for a short time. But a few days ago, I ran outside like a kitten, tore through the garden, and ran up the big cedar tree in the back yard. This is just to show all the neighbor cats, raccoons, the coyote, and other animals that I am still fast and that they should fear me!
2. I usually sleep with the people. I've been doing that since I was a kitten. They fixed up a bed for me under the picture box in their bedroom that has a heater in it. Sometimes I sleep there now.
3. The people have a new chair. They put the feather toy in it so it hangs off the side so I can play with it whenever I want to. But now the rule is that if someone sits in that chair, they have agreed to play feather toy with me.
4. The people also have a few other new pieces of furniture. I like to sharpen my claws on it! The Food Dude yells when I do that. I just wait til he leaves the house and do it a hundred more times.
5. The people have big pots out in front of the house. Sometimes these flowery things grow in them. It is nice of the people to put flowers in my outside cat boxes.
6. I think my blog sucks. Not many cats visit it. Maybe I need some new people to make it better.
7. I like reading all the other cat blogs. Since my Food Lady is my main person, I especially like the blogs that make her face leak. Then she pets me alot and gives me treats!
8. I have learned how to control my people. My Food Lady understands most of my remarks. I control them after dinner by telling them to go to the couch. They sit in their assigned spots and then I sit on them.
9. I also control them when I am hungry. The Food Lady now knows when I need a Temptations treat, or a snack from the people food, or stinky goodness. She understands cat speak.
10. I also control the people when I want to go to bed. Usually this is about 9:30 P.M. They say I am a border collie. I meow and whine and stand at the stairs and tell them it is snuggle time.
11. I run after the feather toy like I am a kitten. The people like this very much.
12. I still hate the VET.
13. Rocky the Gutter Cat is the mancat of my dreams.
Hope to see you all here soon.